Saturday, November 24, 2007

tt4t_013 A Smart Board Resource for Teachers

Click here to listen

It’s Saturday, November 24, 2007 and welcome to Episode 13 of Tech Talk 4 Teachers, I’m Tom Grissom. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are enjoying the holiday break. I took a couple of days off this week so this will be an abbreviated podcast but I wanted to share with you my Technology Pick of the Week.

This coming week I will be giving another Smart Board presentation to the Ed Scholars group at EIU. We are having good success with the Smart Boards we have installed at the beginning of this semester and so far I have provided training sessions to over 400 professors and students in their use. One of the questions I get asked a lot is to provide resources about how other teachers are using Smart Boards in the classroom. Since I work with preservice teachers and other teachers from the Kindergarten level to the university level it is always a challenge to find age appropriate resources but I think I have found a resource that you will find valuable no matter what your subject area or grade level.

Tom’s Technology Pick of the Week

The Smart Board Podcast

http://pdtogo.com/smart/

My Technology Pick of the week this week is a blog/podcast combination called the Smart Board Podcast. A link is provided in the show notes.

The tag line to this website is:
“Digital ink doesn't stain... it leaves a mark in the mind. Go leave your mark!”

This podcast has recently made it to episode 100 so congratulations goes out to its creators. If you look on the right side of the website you can find previous episodes organized by categories and if you scroll down near the middle of the page on the right side you will find the previous episode archives. Listening to these podcasts are a great way to hear what others are doing with Smart Boards in their classrooms. This is well worth a listen and if you find this resource valuable you can subscribe to the podcast using iTunes, Zune Marketplace, or your favorite podcast aggregator and listen to them at your convenience.

Show notes for this episode and previous episodes are available on the web at techtalk4techers.blogspot.com that’s techtalk the number 4 teachers.blogspot.com If you have a comment or suggestion for a future show or a suggestion for a Technology Pick of the Week then please email me at techtalk@eiu.edu. That wraps it up for Episode 13 of TechTalk4Teachers so until next time this is Tom Grissom, keep on learning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The audio link isn't working as of Nov. 2007 6:30 EST. Looking forward to listening

TechTalk4Teachers said...

Link should be working now, my fault the MP3 file did not get loaded to the proper location. Thank you for letting me know.

Dr. Grissom